Monday, October 25, 2010

Homecoming Weekend

Blake kicked off Homecoming Saturday, coordinating the 2010 Gorilla Grind

I took the boys to the Homecoming Parade, which Braden was in. The Boys Hip Hop Class was actually on the float, wearing their "Tough Boys Dance" shirts. Mason and I were unfortunately on the opposite side of the street, so we didn't get to see him, but we did see Arthur, walking with the International Students, and Mason did get to grab lots of candy!

Believe it or not, this was "after nap" Mason was cuddled up as we watched Brandon play soccer. His club team came over from SBU (Bolivar, MO) to play against our PSU club team. It was very fast paced compared to the kiddie soccer that we've been accustomed to watching!



After the game, we picked up Arthur and headed to our house for dinner. The guys kicked a ball around in the back yard, while Blake finished up a delicious pot of chili!

As we got home, it occurred to me that this was going to be quite entertaining (I hoped) for a college kid! I warned him before he even got inside, I know he basically grew up in a magazine spread, but our house was nothing like that, especially during a meal....you never know what's going to happen!

Braden was so excited to have a "sleep-over" with Brandon and immediately wanted to know if he would sleep on the bottom bunk! I called Brandon and assured him we had plenty of room but Braden really wanted to know if he would sleep in his room! He agreed! He said that Braden only snored a little, but did talk in his sleep!

This was after church. Braden and I took Brandon out for lunch, while Blake and Mason got a head start on playing in the back yard. I can't count how many times he had to hear "Hey Brandon, watch this"

No comments:

Post a Comment