Monday, July 12, 2010

Pittsburg to Pittsburgh

From this view I took the picture below. We walked across the bridge below to get back to the hotel.

I was fortunate enough to be selected for a week-long conference in Pittsburgh, PA. As exciting as this is for me, I'm not sure how excited my guys are. I left on Sunday after a week of both boys on antibiotics and Braden close to stitches in his chin, settling for glue strips, and a quick trip to Wal-Mart for more medicine as I was backing out of the drive way to head to the airport. I have every confidence in Blake and I begged the boys to be on their best behavior.

The conference could've come at a better time....Blake has the Mighty Mite this weekend in Forrest City, so Blake is driving both boys, for the first time without a co-pilot, on Thursday. I will fly into Memphis on Friday for the ride home!

[I took this photo from the bridge, walking back to the hotel.]

But I'm having a good time in this beautiful city. The group of other teachers are all very nice, and several of us had a great dinner and walking/train tour of the city, tonight. There are teachers here from ASU, Hot Springs, Canada, Maine, Los Angeles, Ohio, Michigan and of course Kansas.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the "vacation" away, but think of them always. And a tip? If you can't sleep at night (without an elbow in your back or hanging 1/2 way off the bed) tylenol PM works wonders! HA!

    ReplyDelete